EMDR Therapy as OCD Treatment
GET THE RELIEF YOU DESERVE.
REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT
Request An Appointment (1)
CHOOSE EMDR THERAPY FOR YOUR OCD TREATMENT
Unfortunately, OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is more prevalent in today’s society than you might think. OCD affects more than 2 million adults across the United States. Historically, the turn-to treatment has been cognitive behavioral therapy. However, for patients suffering from OCD, cognitive behavioral therapy or CBT is not always the best course of treatment. Because CBT is very demanding, it can be particularly more stressful for those who need OCD treatment.
Recently, EMDR therapy has been showing promising results as an alternative option for OCD treatment. Due to its gentler, less demanding nature, we’ve noticed that our patients at Revibe Therapy in Winter Park have a more positive response to this therapy. Contact our team at Revibe Therapy to learn more about our EMDR Therapy as OCD treatment and schedule your appointment today.
Why Choose Revibe Therapy in Winter Park for EMDR Therapy as an OCD treatment?
- We are Top Rated Local® EMDR therapy professionals
- We offer years of experience helping people manage their OCD
- We have helped others with OCD treatment and can help you too
- We offer telehealth/televideo or in-person treatment options
- We accept a wide variety of insurances in an effort to help you get the help you deserve at as little cost to you as possible
Contact us today to learn more.
What Is OCD?
In modern slang, OCD has become somewhat synonymous with someone who likes to keep things neat, likes things a certain way, is a perfectionist, or is very clean. While someone in need of OCD treatment may have some of these behaviors, they are not what qualifies someone as having obsessive compulsive disorder. It is completely normal and healthy to like things a certain way, to like things clean, or to have high expectations of those around you. The real difference comes from when it starts to negatively impact your day-to-day life.
Many people actually live, function this way, and believe these thoughts on a daily basis so much so that it interferes with their lives. The only way people suffering from OCD can find relief from its grip is by performing the obsessive compulsive action — whether they want to or not. It’s not so much a preference as it is a compulsive need driven by anxiety, dread, or irrational fear of an irrational consequence. If you believe you are suffering from OCD, Revibe Therapy in Winter Park. No matter how minor or severe you think it is, our OCD treatment can help
What are some other symptoms and behaviors do those who need OCD treatment exhibit?
- Repetitive behaviors like handwashing, ordering, checking, etc.
- Metal acts like compulsively praying, or repeating certain words to yourself silently
- The need that the self-created rules must be strictly and rigidly adhered to
- Repetitive or compulsive behaviors that aim to reduce anxiety, stress, or preventing something terrible from happening
- Rituals (ex. Having to knock three times before entering a room)
If you have any questions regarding OCD treatment or its symptoms, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at Revibe Therapy in Winter Park any time.
EMDR THERAPY AS OCD TREATMENT AT REVIBE THERAPY IN WINTER PARK
If you or a loved one is struggling with obsessive compulsive disorder, our OCD treatment at Revibe Therapy in Winter Park can help. We can conduct EMDR sessions for OCD treatment via video chat or in person — whichever best suits your needs. You don’t have to live with OCD behavior any longer. Seek help and find a better way to live.